Your home should represent your taste and preferences perfectly, which is why it is important to pay attention to every little detail while remodeling or building your dream home. One of the most underrated aspects of home construction that actually makes a big difference in how your home looks is the sliding window used in the balcony area. It can make your home look swankier while also tying in the different external design elements.
What is a sliding window?
A sliding window is, as the name suggests, a window that slides horizontally to open and close. The window is constructed using a UPVC or Aluminium frame, with sliders fitted on the bottom to enable the functionality. These windows have gained a lot of popularity in recent years as they can make a home look contemporary, and are also quite cost-effective.
Benefits of a sliding window
One of the reasons why many people are opting for a sliding window design is because they offer a broad range of benefits. Some of these are:
- Weather resistance: UPVC and aluminium window frames offer way more weather resistance than regular wooden frames. These frames do not get rusted or swollen when it rains, they do not suffer damage from the sun, and nor do they crack in the winter. In other words, these windows remain the same.
- Easy to maintain: Most wooden frames can be quite difficult to maintain and clean. UPVC and aluminium only require a wet cloth to be cleaned and can still look brand new.
- Great looks: These sliding windows tend to look great. They offer your home a contemporary.
- Compatible with different types of glass: Another major benefit of instaling sliding windows for balconies is that they are compatible with different types of glass. You can get high-quality thermal glass, privacy glass, and solar glass, based on your needs.
- Cost-effective: Both UPVC and aluminium frames can prove to be more cost-effective than wooden frames, which is another major benefit of using these.
Different sliding window design ideas
Now that you know the benefits of sliding windows, you’re probably wondering about the different designs that you can get for your balcony area. Here are a few designs that you should check out:
- UPVC frames: UPVC frames come in different colours and are one of the most popular sliding window designs that people choose. You can choose classic white, black or even tan, based on the overall aesthetic of your home.
- Aluminium frames: Aluminium frames are extremely sturdy and give the look of a metal frame due to their build. These can be purchased in various colours, but the most common sliding window design when it comes to such frames is plain black. They give your home a minimalist look that will surely get a lot of love on social media.
- Glass designs: To add another element of design to the sliding windows, you can opt for special types of glasses that have aesthetic value. Apart from getting plain strengthened glass (which is always a great look), you can use tinted glass (which adds privacy as well as solar protection), frosted glass (which adds privacy and unique look), and stained glass (which can be found in various colours).
Where can you find the best sliding window designs?
In order to find the best sliding window designs, all you need to do is get in touch with a leading manufacturer of the same – AIS Windows! Ask our professionals about the various sliding windows for balconies that we offer and pick your favourite one today!